- The program is designed for exceptional undergraduate and graduate students, preferably studying in Canada and/or Lithuania. Students are encouraged to apply for academic credits from their universities for the internship program with the Embassy of Lithuania.
- Student applicants must be Lithuanian citizens and/or Canadian citizens with fluency in Lithuanian as well as English and/or French.
- Interns must have good written communication, verbal and social skills, ability to work independently, serious interest in international affairs and undergo security clearance.
- Embassy internships are unpaid. Travel and living expenses will not be compensated.
- Interns serve for a minimum of 8 consecutive weeks and are expected to work a 39-hour week.
- A Certificate of Internship Accomplishment will be issued by the Lithuanian Embassy in recognition of a successful internship. Every intern will be acknowledged on the Embassy web page.
- Resume (curriculum vitae) with 3x4 cm photo. Include name, date of birth, place of birth, passport number, study and work experience, contact information.
- Proof of academic status and academic endorsement (signed and stamped by a lecturer or member of registrar’s staff). If graduated, attach copy of degree and academic transcript.
- Security clearance form, with 3x4 cm photo.
Security clearance can take up to 2 months.
- Two letters of recommendation (academic/employer).
- Due date for applications:
- March 1 for the summer internship (June-August);
- June 1 for the fall internship (September-December);
- October 1 for the winter internship (January-March);
- January 1 for the spring internship (April-May).
- To apply, send the completed documents by mail to: Internship Program, Embassy of Lithuania, 150 Metcalfe Street, Suite 1600, Ottawa ON K2P 1P1 Canada.
- Embassy contact: [email protected], tel. 1-613-567-5458, ext. 25