- 2020-01-20 to 2020-01-23 On 20-23 January, the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas participates in political consultations in Beijing, China
- 2020-01-20 On 20 January, the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends the Foreign Affairs Council in Brussels
- 2020-01-21 On 21 January, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius delivers a speech at a discussion on the single market, innovation and digital economy that is organised by the Lithuanian Confederation of Industrialists
- 2020-01-22 On 22 January, the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends the Government meeting and sitting
- 2020-01-22 On 22 January, the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends a meeting of the Committee on Foreign Affairs
Foreign Vice-Minister meets with new Ambassador of Philippines
On 28 November, the Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Neris Germanas met with the new Ambassador of the Philippines to Lithuania Leah M. Basinang-Ruiz.
Lithuania’s Foreign Vice-Minister said that Lithuania and the Philippines worked closely together in multilateral organizations ranging from the United Nations to the Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM), as well as at the bilateral level.
According to the Foreign Vice-Minister, economic cooperation between our countries is intensifying. However, it is necessary to further promote our bilateral ties in the fields of trade and services.
N. Germanas also invited representatives from the Philippines to take part in the international life sciences forum in Lithuania – Life Sciences Baltics 2020.
On the same day, the Ambassador presented his letters of credence to the President Gitanas Nausėda.
Leah M. Basinang-Ruiz is the seventh Ambassador of the Philippines accredited to Lithuania. She resides in Warsaw.
Lithuania and the Philippines established their diplomatic relations on 15 December 1991.