- 2020-02-20 to 2020-02-21 On 20-21 February in Brussels, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius accompanies the President to the European Council
- 2020-02-21 On 21 February at 10:30 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius meets with the French Member of the European Parliament Bernard Guetta
- 2020-02-24 On 24 February at 10:30 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius meets with the Founder and Executive Chairman of the World Economic Forum Klaus Schwab
- 2020-02-24 On 24 February at 12:00 noon, the Minister Linas Linkevičius meets with the Director-General of the World Trade Organization Roberto Azevêdo
- 2020-02-24 On 24 February at 2:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends the “Alliance for multilateralism in Geneva, promotion of international humanitarian law” event
Linas Linkevičius to attend extraordinary meeting of Foreign Affairs Council
On 10 January, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius will attend an extraordinary meeting of the Foreign Affairs Council in Brussels. The Council will discuss current affairs and exchange views on recent events in Iraq, focusing on ways to de-escalate tensions in the Middle East region.
Lithuania’s Foreign Minister expressed concern over a possible increase in violence in the region. It would seriously undermine security and stability in Iraq and the region. Consequences could extend beyond the Middle East region.
“Iran has to stop performing provocative actions. The situation must be de-escalated. Lithuania is closely monitoring the situation and we stand ready to work with our partners and allies towards a diplomatic solution – the transatlantic unity remains crucial", said L. Linkevičius.