- 2020-01-20 to 2020-01-23 On 20-23 January, the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas participates in political consultations in Beijing, China
- 2020-01-21 On 21 January, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius delivers a speech at a discussion on the single market, innovation and digital economy that is organised by the Lithuanian Confederation of Industrialists
- 2020-01-22 On 22 January, the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends the Government meeting and sitting
- 2020-01-22 On 22 January, the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends a meeting of the Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2020-01-23 On 23 January, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius attends a meeting on the single market that is held in Brussels and organised by Finland
Vice-Minister N. Germanas receives new Ambassador of Australia to Lithuania
On 28 November, the Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Neris Germanas met with the new Ambassador of Australia to Lithuania Lloyd Brodrick, who resides in Warsaw. On the same day, the Ambassador presented his letters of credence to the President Gitanas Nausėda.
Lithuania’s Foreign Vice-Minister was pleased that, despite the geographic distance between the two countries, Australia and Lithuania had a lot in common: democracy, respect for human rights, the rules-based international order with the United Nations at its core, a huge Lithuanian community, and relations between universities.
The Foreign Vice-Minister noted the need to make greater use of the economic and trade potential of Australia and Lithuania.
The Vice-Minister also informed the Ambassador about Lithuania's decision to open an embassy in Australia in 2020 and suggested that Australia should establish its own embassy in Lithuania.
N. Germanas also invited Australian representatives to participate in the international life sciences forum in Lithuania – Life Sciences Baltics 2020.
Lloyd Brodrick is the tenth Australian Ambassador accredited to Lithuania.
Australia and Lithuania established their diplomatic relations on 6 November 1991.